Welcome to Bare Mountain Retreat. Bare Mountain is located on 130 private acres just 30 minutes from Boise Idaho in a beautiful rustic setting with the friendliest folks you’ll find anywhere. We are open from late April to mid-October for nude recreation. Summer days on the mountain are usually sunny and between 75° & 95° while nighttime lows are in the 50’s or 60’s all with low humidity. Perfect for naturism. Bare Mountain is typically 5 to 10 degrees cooler than Boise so it is a great way to beat the summertime heat of southwestern Idaho.
Bare Mountain was founded in 1981 and has been in continuous operation ever since. The club is affiliated with the American Association for Nude Recreation (AANR) and AANR-Northwest.
For Guests and Visitors
- Temperature will be checked before entry – if above 100.4 degrees the individual will be asked to re-schedule their time on the mountain.
- Visitors and guests will be asked the following questions:
- Do you have a persistent cough?
- Do you have any flu like symptoms?
- Have you been exposed to someone who is positive or ill from the virus recently?
If the answer is yes to any of these questions the visitor or guest will be asked to social distance or wear a mask when social distancing is not possible.
- A mask will be required in the club house when social distancing is not possible.
- If a member feels ill please consider delaying your visit to the mountain.
For People Who Have Paid In Advance
- Bare Mountain retreat will make every effort to reschedule the visit for individuals who are sick or have tested positive for the Covid virus. Advance payment will be returned if a future date cannot be arranged.
Experience Bare Mountain This Summer
Wake to the sounds of birds in the trees. Enjoy an early morning hike on our miles of trails, taking you to the top of Bare Mountain for the most beautiful and scenic vistas in the nudiverse. Join us in the pool for our unique brand of water volleyball, stay for dinner and nighttime laughs around the campfire, then fall asleep to the soft breezes in the Ponderosa Pines. You’ve just had another beautiful day in paradise!
We are quite pleased with the You Know The Place Podcast presentation about Bare Mountain that was recently put together by Boise State Public Radio. We invite you to experience Bare Mountain Retreat from their perspective and voices.
Enjoy the Pool
Relax by the brand new pool overlooking the beautiful Boise National Forest or join us for our unique brand of water volleyball.
Take a Hike
Take a easy stroll around the grounds or a serious climb to the top of Bare Mountain on our extensive trail system.
Spend some time on the mountain in one of our cabins, RV or tent camping sites.
A Place Where You Can Relax
Relax au natural… as you roam around the grounds smell the fresh mountain air, listen to the birds and enjoy the spectacular views.
Festive Themed Dinners
There are themed dinners, progressive dinners, barbeques, potlucks and more and we’d love for you to join us for a tasty meal.
There are frequent community dinners followed by lots of laughs around the fire pit